Top Tips For Connecting to Distributors and Brands
Valuing fans brings producers, distributors and brands together, speaking a common language and putting the committed consumer first.
But what does it take for rights-holders to build out a property that appeals to brands and channel partners for a fan-friendly online success?
Here are FanTrust’s top tips for connecting content creators and rights-holders with distributors and brands.
· Work in parallel with prospective sponsors and distributors before signing your deals
· Determine where you are on the spectrum of commercial versus pure-play content:
- Content only
- Branded entertainment
· Create a premium package for any sponsor:
- Audience (either massive = 50m monthly impressions; or supremely desirable and targeted)
- Content (feature a popular star or popular online genre, such as comedy)
- Distribution destinations (deploy on the brand’s channels as well as relevant destinations and portals)
· Obtain projections for traffic based on similar content for every distribution channel
· To negotiate the best deals with brands and distributors, come to the table with an audience (e.g. via social media or the stars/bands featured in your content)