Bell Fund Annual Report Highlights Best in Digital Media for Television
Practicing what it preaches, The Bell Fund has published its latest annual report in the form of a digital showcase featuring the best in Canadian new media.
Highlights from the year include:
- $11.6M invested in the production of 68 cross-platform television and interactive digital projects
- $674K invested in the early stage development of 16 projects
- $100K invested in 22 professional development activities
- Launch of a new Low Budget Program for interactive projects with budgets less than $100,000
- Publication of The Bell Fund bliki (a combination blog and wiki), providing extensive business model advice on how to make money with cross-platform productions
Canada’s largest private fund for convergence broadcasting, The Bell Fund is made possible through annual contributions from Bell TV. With $81M-plus invested in digital media for television since its inception in 1997, the Fund continues to position Canadian companies for leadership in a vanguard marketplace. “Projects financed by the Bell Fund have reached international audiences and won significant recognition, including Emmy Awards,” said FanTrust President Catherine Warren, who has served on the Bell Fund Board for a decade.