From console games, to mobile games and social gaming, FanTrust has the track record you need to make your next game a hit and to take your game company to a new level.
Our team has worked with some of the world’s biggest game companies, such as Radical/Vivendi/Activision, independent developers such as Next Level and Minority as well as mobile game platforms and publishers Nokia and Orange Telecom France. We’ve also helped start-ups launch microtransaction titles and created FanPlans for new titles and old favorites.
Connect with FanTrust to take your next game from conception, to fan selection to awards reception!
A mobile game start-up turned to FanTrust very early its product planning to go the distance through development, funding, production and marketing—with the goal of including FanBuilding at every stage of innovation and business development.
FanTrust’s approach for this mass-market game was “social from inception”.
- With our collaborative model, we worked with our clients dev team to ensure that the main feature set of the game included top-tier socialization.
- We embedded social market research and audience-building in a winning funding plan and financing model.
- FanTrust worked with the producers to test and advance the social game-play throughout production.
- We identified and negotiated with strategic partners for downloads promotions
- And our PR tactics included events, press releases, billboards, playtest parties, blogger outreach, radio, videos and app-store collaterals
FanTrust’s clients successfully secured two rounds of funding, strategic partners, early adopter audiences and mass media exposure on the path to launching a ground-breaking game in apps stores around the world.
Just days before Triple A game developer Minority Media launched its first PlayStation Network title Papo & Yo, FanTrust was retained to develop and implement an ambitious pre- and post-launch FanBuilding plan — uniting the activities of the game company, its publisher Sony and its PR firm — all in support of the fans. The Official PlayStation magazine calls Papo & Yo “one of the most powerful and impactful games we’ve ever played.”
Some of FanTrust’s deliverables included:
- Social Media: FanTrust brought Minority Media’s YouTube, Twitter and Facebook platforms and strategies up to speed with redesigns, editorial action items and dashboard management.
- Editorial: FanTrust worked closely with the Minority team and management to build direct-to-fan communication with powerful calls to action, responding to fans touched by this new genre of “meaningful gameplay”, resulting in substantial online community growth and engagement.
- Community & Partner Outreach: FanTrust established a Papo & Yo presence on existing video game social nets; scripted key messages for public speaking engagements; and consulted on publisher/funder relationship development.
- Merchandise: FanTrust set an e-commerce strategy for Papo & Yo merchandise, music and digital content.
Papo & Yo themes are emotionally charged and FanTrust worked with Minority to set a new standard for gamer/developer rapport and meet gamer expectations for connecting. The affection expressed by many of the fans and the depth of fan engagement established a new high watermark for developer relations.
“FanTrust was a natural choice for us to grow and support international audiences at the intersection of social media, gaming and meaningful gameplay,” said Minority Media Chief Business Development Officer Catherine Bainbridge. “With its track-record in digital hit-making and an approach that unites storytelling and story-listening across communities, FanTrust is a great fit for our team, our games and our fans.” — Playback Magazine