Whether you are a producer, a distributor or broadcaster, FanTrust has the expertise to make your show, your library or your channel a massive hit.
With our executive contacts for business-to-business deal-making and our FanBuilding strategies and tactics, we help our clients grow across all platforms, building digital distribution, developing cross-platform properties, establishing custom social media strategies, and much more.
Our management has worked with the biggest brands in TV, such as the CSI franchise, with top broadcasters such as PBS, CTV and Fox, and with distributors of massive hits such as The Walking Dead.
Contact FanTrust today to reach new platforms, audiences and revenues.
Gone are the days when TV could easily satisfy fans with 22 or 44 minute episodes broadcast once a week. Now, even episodic TV needs to reach audiences around the clock, across multiple devices and with related content. Today, every great TV series needs to have fresh videos, photos, memes and other digital goodies for fans to view, like and share with their friends between episodes and seasons.
Many producers and broadcasters forge ahead with digital media in the absence of a critical foundation: strategy. And without this strategy, even good content goes unappreciated by fans — because it was not presented on the right platform, in the right way, and at the right time. Digital strategy is key to FanBuilding, and it is essential to the new business of television, where social media and other drivers can make or break ratings, new season pick-ups and future formats.
FanTrust brings real value to content creators who are capable of making incredible entertainment, but need a “fans first” perspective to boost their chances for global success.
Every FanTrust strategy is highly customized for the producer, the show, the demographic, the distribution channels and the commissioning broadcasters. And of course for the Fans!
Our recent digital strategy work for major US and Canadian network shows on ABC and CTV, as well as cable hits on SPACE and SyFy, includes:
- Negotiating the best balance of social media channels and producer/broadcaster/distributor channel management; helping all parties get to yes
- Devising the social business model in support of broadcast TV windows, including international
- Building organic and advertising campaigns on social media designed to drive ratings at all key stages of airings, premieres, sweeps, finales and marathons
- Creating campaigns for binge viewing and Netflix discovery
- Involving talent and showrunners in strategic social media
- Devising B2B tactics for international sales
FanTrust continues to help rights-holders succeed with powerful digital strategies. Join their ranks, let FanTrust help you achieve your media goals.
An international television sales agency and distribution company called upon FanTrust to establish an overall digital direction for their business.
Breaking away from the traditional television distribution model, the company was in the process of establishing itself as a hybrid company of sales and distribution. With this thrust in mind, the partners wanted to maximize their sales and distribution efforts by generating additional revenue for the company and their clients through new digital content deals.
Through executive interviews, research and competitive intelligence gathering, FanTrust supplied the distribution company with a Digital Arsenal that provided the following:
- An optimum digital strategy for expanding the traditional sales agency model into an innovative sales and distribution agency, including digital delivery
- This strategy was designed to assist the company in retaining and distributing linear content digitally, across multiple platforms in order to capitalize on digital revenues, relationships and reach
- The tactics outlined in the strategy helped the company to:
- Upsell existing B2B customers, e.g. broadcasters with current and future digital offerings
- Attract new broadcast clients with digital offerings
- Identify and establish relationships with new B2B partners
- Attract television content producers with combined television and digital properties
FanTrust also outlined the opportunities within the digital landscape for the company and supplied a 12-month Action Plan outlining the following:
- Top digital priorities and tactics for successful execution
- Companies suitable as potential partners in the digital space including broadcasters, social networks, mobile apps, digital home entertainment and aggregators
This customized Digital Arsenal and Action Plan centered on two of the company’s high-value properties, but the recommendations and tactics were crafted in such a way that they could extend to their entire catalogue and any future properties the company acquired.
Well known for a best-selling book and award-winning lifestyle television series, this global women’s lifestyle television company approached FanTrust to develop a 360 degree digital business strategy to catapult a mature media business into the convergent media space.
The producers wanted to identify and exploit new ways for fans interact, consume and engage with a growing brand across TV and other platforms. With a website, a number of social media channels and a YouTube channel, the company was poised to take the next step and elevate their digital offerings to match the quality, sophistication and appeal of their on-screen efforts.
FanTrust used its competitive intelligence and best practices to create comprehensive strategy for female-centric lifestyle brands, including:
- Digital business risks, rewards and value propositions
- B2C and B2B revenue-generation strategies and partnership building
- Digital marketing, including social media
- The most lucrative platforms and formats for producing and consuming female-friendly content on the web, mobile and tablets
- Processes for acquiring, commissioning, creating, distributing and monetizing digital content
The digital business strategy resulted in the re-launch of the company website, a product line for a custom eStore, original online video content and newly-branded social media channels. Fans leapt at the opportunity for direct purchases and engagement.